The Centro CAD Publisher package allows an organization to convert CAD files to
- SpinFire Ultimate files (.ACT3D)
- Image files (.PNG)
- Another CAD format (.PDF, .HSF, .PRC,. JT, .SAT, .SAB, .IGES, .x_t,. STEP, .STL, .U3D, .VRML)
A pipeline must contain at least one TRIGGER and one ACTION. A job is processed sequentially from one action to the next until complete.
Creating a Pipeline
Use the Create New button to start creating a pipeline.
Drag-and-drop a trigger and appropriate actions filling out the fields to build your pipeline.
This example pipeline watches a folder on the Centro server and converts them to an ACT3D file.
To create this pipeline,
- From the Pipeline Manager, click Create New.
- On the Pipeline Configuration dialog window,
- Enter a unique pipeline name.
- Add a description (optional).
- Click Save Changes.
- Drag and drop the Directory Watcher trigger into the trigger area.
- On the Directory Watcher configuration dialog window,
- Enter a Trigger name.
- Enter the Watched Directory.
- Enter the extension or select the types of files to convert.
In this example, our assembly is made up of Catia v5 files, so we'll select Catia v5.
- Check Watch sub-directories,if you want Centro to traverse down all branches below the watched folder.
- Check Add existing files if the files to process already exist in the folder(s).
- Click Save changes.
- Drag and drop the CAD to SpinFire action into the Actions area.
- On the CAD to SpinFire configuration dialog window,
- Enter an Action name.
- Use the dw_changed_file dynamic property for the CAD filepath.
- Enter the Target filepath. In this example, I want the ACT3D files to be saved in the same folder that they were found. I'll use the dynamic property, dw_changed_dir, in combination with the filename dynamic property, dw_filename_extension, an add the .ACT3D extension.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Deploy.
- Click Done.
- Find the pipeline in the Pipeline Manager.
- Click the Start Pipeline button.
Four triggers are available for use in your pipelines.
|Directory Watcher||Watches a specified folder (and sub folder if desired) for new or changed files.|
|Polling Directory Watcher||Watches a specified network folder (and sub folder if desired) for new or changed files.|
|Schedule Timer||Schedule Centro to start a pipeline on a regular interval starting at a given date/time.|
|Timed Trigger||Start a pipeline after a specified|
See Job Allocation Triggers for more information.
Six pipeline actions exist in the CAD Publisher package to help convert your CAD files.
|Converts a CAD file to one or more CAD formats.|
|CAD to PNG image||Converts a CAD file to an image file.|
|CAD to SpinFire||Converts a CAD file to a SpinFIre Ultimate file.|
|Copy File||Copies a file from one location to another.|
|Move File||Moves a file from one location to another.|
|Unzip File||Extracts files from a specified zip file.|
See Job Actions for more information.