The Vertex to Vertex Distance command measures the distance between two vertex points you select.
To measure the distance between two vertices:
- Open the Linear menu on the 3D Document toolbar. How?Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the Linear button. You should see a drop-down menu listing the available commands.
- Point to Vertex to Vertex.
- Click Direct.Red dots designate available vertices on the model. A cross-hatch indicates when the pointer is properly positioned over a vertex point.
- Click two vertices on the model.
- Drag the label into position and click the mouse.
• By default, the Vertex to Vertex Distance command measures the direct distance between two points. To measure the distance between the two points with respect to an axis, see Measure Two Vertices Along the X-, Y-, or Z-Axis.
• If you want to add several of the same type of markup, you may select the Lock tool check box that appears when you select a markup command. This will allow you to keep adding the same type of markup to the scene until you click Stop.