Welcome to SpinFire™ 10
Welcome to SpinFire™ 10, the program that allows you to view, measure and markup 2D and 3D CAD data formats.
You can download the full trial from our download section:
The latest release of this application is SpinFire 10.2 Build 1606.3.
To learn about the changes and improvements of SpinFire 10 please see the following release notes:
- SpinFire 10.0 Release Notes.
- SpinFire 10.1 Release Notes.
- SpinFire 10.2 Release Notes.
- SpinFire 10.2.2 Release Notes.
- SpinFire 10.3 Release Notes.
- SpinFire 10.4 Release Notes.
- SpinFire 10.5 Release Notes.
If you are migrating from from an earlier version refer to the migration section.
Key Improvements in SpinFire 10
If you are upgrading from SpinFire Professional 9.0, you'll find the following improvements:
- Better Home Page with improved list of recent document and notification messages
- New minimum thickness measurement
- Improved minimum distance plugin
- New projected area measurement
- Better support for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Better Importers management
- Better importer properties
- Importers install on demand (importers auto-deploy)
- Install and update of plug-ins from within the application
- Easier Plug-in install and updates
Key Improvements in SpinFire 9
If you are upgrading from SpinFire Professional 8.3, you'll find the following improvements:
SpinFire™ 10.0 shares a single architecture where it runs four products in the following environments:
- Desktop: SpinFire™ in Desktop environment now contains intuitive user interface which facilitates the user to perform measurements on linear, angular, radial and new coordinate systems. The user can now copy the Measurements to the clipboard, which can be pasted into any document with the Windows Paste command. The user can now insert bitmap or vector image of any 3D file and moreover the Design data can also be copied to clipboard and pasted into office documents accordingly.
- Browser: All the features that are available in Desktop environment of SpinFire™ are now available in Browser environment also, except the non availability of Home component and menu bar. It opens up in Internet Explorer.
- Office: Allows the user to insert Interactive image in office documents. Computed Data namely part name, volume, surface area, centre of mass, part count, part extents and scene extents of any 3D file can be inserted into excel spreadsheet. See SpinFire™ in Office Environment for details.
- Plug-in architecture: Plug-ins are pieces of software that add functionality to SpinFire. A plug-in might add a new component tab to the program or it may add a new object to the toolbar. A plug-in might be provided either by Actify or a third party. SpinFire™ 9.0 supports an array of plug-ins namely Automatic part ID, Automatic Part List, Surface Area of Cross Section, Draft Angle Analysis, Model Compare, STL Export and Windows SharePoint Server plug-in.
- License: Feature based license is now available in SpinFire™. The licenses that are available are Reader, Markup, Lite and Professional. The user can perform only the basic measurements with the Reader license. Whereas Markup facilitates the user to perform Markups, display notes and save the same. Lite type of license helps the user to take snapshots, perform x-section, do transformations and perform measurements. Professional license is the full fledged version, where the user can open native CAD files, use Actify plug-ins with full access,and can perform measurements and markups.
Key Improvements in SpinFire 8
If you are upgrading from SpinFire Professional 2004v2 , you'll find a new user inerface and functionality imporved and enhanced in the following ways:
- Support for PMI/GD&T annotations: SpinFire Professional is able to work with specified Actify Importers to import PMI (Product and Manufacturing Information) from native 3D CAD files. PMI annotations in the design such as Geometric Tolerances, Datums, and Dimensions can be displayed in the 3D scene. Selection of a PMI annotation will highlight the part or surface on the model that the annotation is associated with.
- New measurements: Several new measurements are available for 3D models, including Boundary by Edges, Sum of Connected Edges, Arc Center Coordinates, Edge to Edge, Arc Radius, and Surface Draft Angle.
- New user interface: A new and attractive user interface facilitates navigating through commands and documents.
- Plug-in architecture: SpinFire Professional 9.0 and later supports plug-ins. Plug-ins are pieces of software that add functionality to SpinFire Professional. A plug-in might add a new component tab to the program or it may add a new object to the toolbar. A plug-in might be provided either by Actify or a third party.
- Print improvements: A dialog box offers options for choosing between raster and vector printing, page scaling, and information to display in the header and footer. The “Print Preview” command displays how the printed document will appear before printing it. The “Print Region” command prints only a selected area of a 2D document rather than the entire document.
- Export to U3D: Exports a 3D document open in the SpinFire Professional WorkSpace as a U3D file.
- Section Profile improvements: The section profile consists of all the points of the model that intersect with a section plane. The user may decide whether an outline of the section profile will display be displayed on the cross-section plane. A vector representation of the cross-section profile can be saved as an EMF file.
- Transformation by Handles: Allows the user to freely translate or rotate an object in a 3D assembly by dragging a handle surrounding the object.
- From/To Coordinates: Moves an object in a 3D assembly from its current position with respect one coordinate system and places it in the same position with respect to another coordinate system.
Key Improvements in SpinFire Professional 2004v2
If you are upgrading from SpinFire Professional 2004 , you'll find the following improvements:
- 2D CAD and TIFF drawings converted to vector data: 2D CAD drawings and TIFF files will be converted to vector data and imported into a 2D document in the .3D WorkSpace. Multi-page files will have each page imported into a separate document in the WorkSpace. Importers will need to be updated to take advantage of this feature.
- Measurements for 2D documents: A menu on the toolbar offers several measurements for 2D documents. See Working with 2D Documents for details.
- Scale Calibration: The scale of measurement used in a 2D document may be calibrated with a real world scale. See Calibrate measurements to a scale for details.
- Connected Actify Servers integrated into the Windows Explorer: If you chose to install the Actify Server Extension, an entry for "Actify Server" will appear under "My Network Places." Users may work with folders and files stored on an Actify Server just as with any other network folder.
- 1st Angle or 3rd Angle projection options: The projection angle affects how the views of a 3D model are displayed in 4 Viewports mode.
Key Improvements in SpinFire Professional 2004
If you are upgrading from SpinFire Professional 2003, you'll find the following improvements:
- .3D WorkSpace: Open different document types simultaneously and save several documents in a single .3D file. See Working with Documents in the .3D WorkSpace for details.
- 2D Document mode and redlining tools: Raster image files (.bmp, .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff, .wmf, .emf) and snapshots of 3D models open in 2D mode with special tools for working with 2D documents. Add redlining markups to documents in 2D mode, including lines, shapes, stamps, and text boxes. See Working with 2D Documents for details.
- 2D Snapshots of 3D models: A single click takes a snapshot of a 3D model for use in 2D mode. See Take a 2D Snapshot of a 3D Model for details.
- Thumbnails of .3D files available in Windows folders: Windows thumbnail view shows a 2D representation of a .3D file. Great for quick browsing through multiple .3D files.
- New measurements for 3D models: Nine new measurements including thickness, edge to surface distance, and surface normal to edge angle. See Dimensions Reference for details.
- New render modes for 3D geometries: A "Reflective" mode displays a part with metallic rendering for improved realism. "Surface analysis" is a reflective rendering mode that allows a user to search for surface irregularities. See Change the Render Mode of an Object for details.
Key Improvements in SpinFire Professional 2003
If you are upgrading from SpinFire Professional 5.0, you'll find the following improvements:
- Multiple Coordinate Systems: Include multiple user-defined coordinate systems in a 3D scene. See Using Multiple Coordinate System for details.
- Show Only Command: Easily view selected parts while hiding the rest of the assembly. See Show Only Selected Objects in an Assembly for details.
- Improved Cross-Section Features: The length of a cross-section profile is measured in real-time. And the Section Definition dialog box provides greater precision for positioning and orienting a cross-section plane. See Cross-Sectioning a Model for details.
- New Options: The Options component has additional settings to control how SpinFire Professional works. You can set the volume precision you want, choose SpinFire Professional as the default application to open native CAD formats, and choose whether to include headers and footers in your printing.
- Multiple Selection in Assembly Tree: Use Ctrl+Click and Shift+Click to select multiple parts and subassemblies in the assembly tree.
- Drag-and-drop into the Library: Drag-and-drop files from your Windows desktop directly to and from the remote and local folders in the Library component.
Key Improvements in SpinFire SpinFire Professional 5.0
If you are upgrading from SpinFire Professional 4.1 or 3DView, you'll find many of the same useful features for markup, measurement, and cross-sectioning. In addition, you'll find a new user interface and powerful new features for working with mutliple documents and document types.
Learn about SpinFire™ from the following overviews: