APM 1.3.0 Release Notes
In this document
APM 1.3.0 adds significant new features and improvements, in addition to multiple fixes, particularly to provide better Dashboarding, Program-Project status management and improved overall user navigation and user experience.
APM Version: 1.3.0-az-rc.20220510.1+f4ed0d64
Clicking on this document provides a Download option:
Revised All Programs Dashboard
Provides a revised layout with SuperGrid flexibility
New Program Dashboard
Provides a program-centric view, showing the associated projects with RYG color-coded status, Supergrid-enabled
- See Program Dashboard
"My Tasks" and Approvals visibility
- Enables Assignee filtering and 1-click visibility to Late or Overdue Tasks and those needing Approval
- See Project Dashboard
A Gannt-like Timeline view
- See Project Dashboard - Timeline View
A Date-Adjuster to apply Delays (or Accelerations)
- See Project Dashboard - Timeline View
Folder & List Configurability
- These functions are provided under the APM-Configuration menu (see below)
- Admins can define a preferred folder-structure (as a Folder Template) which defines the hierarchy and folder names so that a consistent structure/naming can be used across Projects and/or Programs. Team Members cannot change this structure (but they can extend it, by adding, renaming or removing sub-folders).
Folders can then be applied to a Project using Project-Folders and the "Create Folders" feature, via the Asterisked Folder icon top right
Under the APM Configuration menu, Admins can define preferred or valid-value lists for Properties, to drive consistent usage across projects. The configured values then appear in the pull-down/selector list when those Properties are edited in a Project
- Automate has a separate Help section.
Improved Project Dashboard interactivity & Legend
- A clickable multi-level breadcrumb is displayed below the header to provide program/project/task screen context. Clicking the breadcrumbs to go "back" or "up" is more reliable than using the browser "Back" button.
Back-dated Start Dates
- Users can back-date Actual Start Dates, which can help when onboarding projects to APM that were already in progress
- Users can choose which columns to display, re-arrange their sequence or re=size them interactively. Multiple columns can be sorted. Filters can be applied within column(s) by selecting listed values or text search/matching.
- Rows can be grouped by dragging (multiple) columns to the grouping bar header, displayed groups can be expanded or collapsed.
- The resulting table view can be directly exported to Excel (with grouping structure) and the chosen view is retained between sessions
Quick Nav project access
- The QuickNav in the header row can be used to jump to a specific project
- Template and related setup functions are grouped under a Configuration menu
- Templates are created/edited via the Configuration Menu
Auto-numbered Template Phases
- Phases are auto-numbered when added/modified in a Template, making navigation and context clearer on project tale , workflow and timeline views
Auto assign access when adding users via Template
- When Users have been included/defined in a Template, they are automatically ranted applicable project permissions when a Project is created from that Template
Task Status Legend (icon) added to Task and Workflow screens
- The (improved) Task Status iconography (Legend) now differentiates Milestones and items requiring Approval:
- Legend iconography is echoed into the Workflow and Task views to provide improved context awareness and consistency
Select Own File for Thumbnail
- Users can upload, or drag/drop, a local image file to use for a project Thumbnail (as an alternative to applying one from the APM Catalog) - under Project Setup
Tasks can be Started without Starting Outputs
- Assignees can Start their Task without/before defining or populating the Task Outputs. This can be directly from the Project Dashboard view or the Task screen
Task Names can be edited via Project Setup
Disabled User handling
Users can be Disabled or de-activated, but are retained in project data and shown as "(Disabled)"
Over 50 Fixes have been included in this release, mostly related to UI and display issues.
Important fixes include:
- a detailed list of Fixes is available on request
Jira addressing issue
|In some APM form conditions, User select list doesn't work.||Recreate Form or contact Actify||QM-3029: [Project Dashboard] Task Output: The "Centro users" are not displayed in the "Users" dropdown field on the form (RC build)|
Pressing 2 mouse buttons at the same time does not reset the Spinfire camera view as it should
Use the axis view or camera controls instead
QM-2803: [Project Dashboard] Spinfire Web: The pressing 2 mouse buttons at the same time does not reset the camera viewhttps://actify.jira.com/browse/QM-2803
|In Configuration - List Editor, the Pencil icon (to Edit) does not always work properly||Refresh screen and/or click again||QM-3033: [APM Configuration] Lists: The "Edit entry" form is not open on the first click of the "Pencil" button|
|In Configuration - List Editor, Users can exceed the valid text length when entering a value for a property List||Limit text entries to 200 characters. (Longer entries will be truncated)|
QM-3032: [APM Configuration] Lists: The length of the "List entry" name field is not limited.