Prior to installing the new floating license software, ensure the following:
A Windows-based server (Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server, 32 or 64Bit) is available for the installation. Actify can provide either 32-bit or 64-bit Floating License Server software; the installation procedure is the same for both.
Have provided the server name and mac adddress to Actify for the Floating license.
Obtain the two necessary floating license files: license.al and sfpflv2.dat from Actify.
Then proceed with the installation:
- Download the appropriate installation package.
- Double-click the file name to start the InstallShield Wizard.
- On the welcome screen, click Next to continue.
- Next, read the Software License Agreement. To continue the installation, click the I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button. then Next.
- The next screen allows you to browse for and select your sfpflv2.dat file (see above). The installation will automatically place this in the correct folder. Click the Next button.
(If you have not received a the license file, click the Next button to continue.)
- Click the Install button.
- A status bar shows the progress of the installation. Installation takes less than three minutes to complete.
- The final screen lets you know the installation is complete. Press the Finish button to exit.
The license manager software is installed in the C:\Program Files\Actify\Floating License Manager folder (for 64-bit). You can verify the files have been installed there.
If you didn't supply the .dat file earlier (Step 5), you need to manually configure the floating license server. To do this:
- Copy the sfpflv2.dat file to the C:\Program Files\Actify\Floating License Manager folder.
- Start the lmtools.exe.
- Select the Config Services tab.
- Enter the Service Name as Actify License Manager.
- Browse and find the lmgrd.exe path.
- Browse and find the sfpflv2.dat path.
- Make sure Start Server at Power Up and Use Services are checked.
- Click on the Save Service button.
- Select the Start/Stop/Reread tab.
- Click Start Server.
- Click ReRead License File.
SpinFire 11.7.1 to11.8.0 Information
If a floating license server is already installed, you must update it to Floating License Manager 11.7.0 in order to be able to use SpinFire 11.7.1 to 11.8.0 . Simply follow the instructions here to upgrade the existing Floating License Manager.
On startup, SpinFire Ultimate 11.7.x will no longer copy any existing license files from SpinFire 10.x.x. Ensure that after the Floating License Manager has been updated with the latest license file that the files are then copied to the SpinFire end user machines or that they use Activate Floating License to grab the new License files from the server. Do not use Activate Online for Floating Licenses, One of the reasons being that it will not take into account any specified ports that has been configured on the Server.
SpinFire 11.9.0 Information
The future release version of SpinFire Ultimate 11.9.0 will require Floating License Manager 11.8.x to use it with floating licenses, you may download the FLM now using the download links to the left hand side of this page(Point 1). We would recommend updating to this new FLM version as soon as possible so ready for this next SpinFire release without impacting your users.
The server system must allow for two programs to communicate across the network. Configure the firewall to allow the actifyd.exe and lmgrd.exe programs through:
- Go to Control Panel > Windows Firewall (If you are in Category view, you might need to go into System & Security first.)
- Go to Advanced Settings in Windows Firewall (located in the action list on the left side).
- Go to Inbound rules (located under the root item of the file tree on the left).
- Create a new rule (you can right click on Inbound rules > New Rule, or, select the action "New Rule" from the list on the right).
- Select Rule Type as Program. Click Next.
- Select This Program Path and browse to lmgrd.exe (the new 64 bit lmgrd). Click Next.
- Select Allow the connection. Click Next.
- Select Domain, Private, Public (three checkboxes). Click Next.
- Give a name to the rule (e.g., Actify_LMGRD). Click Finish.
- Repeat the steps above for actifyd.exe (located in the same folder as lmgrd.exe).
How to set Static Ports for SpinFire or the Actify Vendor Daemon
How to configure SpinFire or the Actify Vendor daemon to use specific ports can be found here