You can save your current Application, 3D Viewer, and 2D Viewer settings to shared configuration files (XML). Another user can then load this XML file to use the same Application, 2D, and 3D Viewer settings in his/her SpinFire Ultimate environment. This can be useful if a particular CAD file requires specific settings in order to be viewed properly or if an organization needs to ensure that all users are using the same settings.
Often, in multi-user environments, it is the SpinFire Ultimate system administrator who determines whether or not to use the Shared Configuration File.
- From the menu bar, select Tools > Export Settings... to open the Export Settings dialog box.
- Click the EXPORT button.
- Choose a place to save your file and assign it a name.
Before beginning the process to save the viewer settings to a file, make sure that the Windows User Account Control shared settings are enabled.
- In the menu bar, select Tools > Import Settings....
- Navigate to the file, select, then click the Open button (or simply double-click to open). The file extension is .config.
- The Import Settings dialog box appears, which lists existing and new setting values. If the settings are acceptable, click the IMPORT button. (Note the Filter radio buttons: You can choose to view only the differences between the existing and new settings.)
The Shared Configuration File is used to standardize settings (such as markup colors and fonts, measurement units, and so on) when there are multiple users in a common work setting. It stores SpinFire application default settings that are determined by your enterprise SpinFire Ultimate system administrator.
In this type of multi-user installation, only the SpinFire Ultimate system administrator is allowed access to this file; for other users, the option is disabled and will appear grayed out.
To disable/enable access to the Shared Configuration File:
- Right-click the SpinFire Ultimate shortcut icon on the Windows desktop.
- Select Run as administrator.