- Open the Notes menu on the 3D Document Toolbar. How? Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the Notes icon.
- Click 3D Surface Note.
- Position your pointer over the surface you wish to label and click. A surface is highlighted when the cursor is properly positioned. Crosshairs indicate the point where the label will attach.
- When the label appears, drag it into position with your pointer.
- Click once to set the position of the label. A cursor will appear in the label.
- Type the text of your label and press Enter.
If you want to add several of the same type of markup, you may select the Lock tool check box that appears when you select a markup command. This will allow you to keep adding the same type of markup to the scene until you click Stop.