Fixed License SpinFire Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide
Article Updated: 30/08/2022
If you have a node locked/fixed license and it's not activating or opening the CAD files you expect, there are some steps you can take to identify or resolve the issue.
"My License doesn't stay activated when i try to open a file"
Do you have the correct permissions for your user on the following folder:
This is where your SpinFire Ultimate License is stored, so when the user for this location doesn't have sufficient permissions read/write permissions, it's unable to write the license file to this location, therefore it loses activation.
If you do have the correct permissions for that folder, try adding "Everyone!" user as shown below:
Click "Edit" on the Window on the left in the screenshot and then click "Add" , then type in everyone and click "Check Name" and finally click OK.
Try to open SpinFire again and use either the Online Activation or the "Read License File" for the license.al file that Actify have provided to you.
Still doesn't work?
"My license is activated and I'm not able to open certain CAD files even though i have purchased this importer"
If there's been a recent changes to your license such as buying a new importer, you may need new license files from Actify's Support or to try "Activate Online", in such instances this will resolve the issue.
"I have changed from a floating to a fixed license but SpinFire has retained some of the information for the server that was being used"
This was a known issue with the SpinFire 11.2 release that was addressed in 11.3, to address this, you need to delete the Settings.config file from this location(below) and when you re-open Ultimate, it will re-create a copy of the Settings.config without the server information showing.
"I am still having issues after reviewing all the solutions above, i need to contact Support"
You may raise a case with the Acitfy Support team by clicking the Create Support Ticket button on the right hand side of this page, When raising a case with us, it would be extremely helpful if you could provide/attach the following for us:
- dxdiag file (How to get my dxdiag file here)
- Screenshot or a short video of the error (CAD Files or Videos can be uploaded here)
- SEAT ID and versions of the SpinFire Products you are using
- SpinFire.log file from
Reporting an issue to Actify Support
To report a failure to Actify Support:
- Gather your information:
- Have a clear, concise description of the issue.
- Document the steps to recreate the issue or steps taken leading up to the issue.
- Include any debugging files such as those listed on this How to Raise a Support Ticket
- Include screenshots or video with the issue report.
- When appropriate/possible, include relevant sample files (native CAD files, .3D, .ACT3D).
- Log on to the Actify Support site.
- Click Create Support Ticket
- Fill out the form, including the items listed in Step 1.
- Click Send Email.