SpinFire Ultimate 11.8.0 Release Notes
SpinFire Ultimate 11.8.0 adds a large number of new features and enhancements including greater connectivity to Actify's Centro, enhancements to measurements, vectorized printing and exporting, more assembly tree features, and a number of file format updates.
Floating License Server Update
If your organization uses a floating license server, it is highly recommended upgrading to the new Floating License Server 11.8.0. This will be necessary for SpinFire Ultimate 11.9.0.
SpinFire Ultimate 32-bit Support
Reminder - Support for the 32-bit version of SpinFire Ultimate will cease starting with the next major version, SpinFire Ultimate 11.9.0,
- Centro Connection Improvements
- Check In/Out
- From within the Library, drag and drop files in and out of Centro connections
- View version history
- Feature Trees
- Magnifying Glass
- Two Surfaces Angle measurement
- Support for IGES 2D (up to 5.3) format
- Support for STEP-XML format
Importer updates were numerous for this release
ACIS Up to 2020 Autodesk AutoCAD 2.5 to 2020 (2D and 3D) Autodesk Inventor Up to 2021 (3D) CATIA V5 R10 to V5-6R2020 (R30 (2D),
Up to V5-6R2020 (R30) (3D)
CATIA V6 R2010x to R2020x (2D),
Up to 2018x (3D)
IGES Up to 5.3 (2D), 5.1-5.3 (3D) JT Up to 10.3 Pro/Engineer & Creo Parametric 2000i to Creo 7.0 (2D),
Pro/Engineer 19.0 to Creo 7.0 (3D)
Siemens PLM Software's NX NX to NX 1926 Series (2D),
V11.0 to NX 1926 Series (3D)
STEP-XML All versions
- SpinFire Ultimate adds two new formats for exports and updates one.
- JT v.10.0
- WaveFront OBJ
- Assembly Tree icon changes
- Surface icons in assembly Tree
- Solid icons in assembly Tree
- Open Shell icons in assembly Tree
- Double click to Zoom Fit
- Export Vectorized Images
- Vectorized Printing
- Printer settings saved
- Materials Attribute in Properties
- Resource Monitor
- Added 2D and 3D Viewer settings to not display measurement window for Notes and Measurements
- Added Open GL 2 Mesa Graphic Driver support
- Removal of DirectX 9 graphic driver
- Removal of Number of Processes import option
- 2D Drawings
Cannot paste text with CTRL+V when creating a note.
- Gaps appear between lines in drawings when zooming in/out.
- 3D Measurements
- Incorrect data template is used when selecting a B-rep Surface to add in the surface selection box control.
- Minimum Distance calculation does not take into account transformations.
- Viewer freezes when calculating Minimum Distance Between Two Surfaces and a surface is highly complex.
- Markup selection does not always work when using Smooth With Edges render mode.
- Exception occurs when opening a file or URL from a hyperlink in a markup.
- Exception occurs when trying to open a .3D file which contains a markup that does not have text properties.
- 3D Models
- Specific CATPart takes much longer time to open when Hidden Objects option is enabled.
- Specific CATPart material attributes are not showing in assembly item properties.
- Specific CATPart contains incorrect surfaces.
- CATIA V5 assembly contains hidden objects even if the corresponding option is disabled.
- Opening an NX assembly is very slow when Fitted Camera option is enabled.
- NX assembly geometry is invisible.
- Parasolid file does not open.
- Parasolid file does not open.
- Some parts are missing from STEP file.
- Cannot change STEP PMI visibility.
- CAD view camera is wrong when all PMIs are hidden.
- 3D Mouse
- Viewer crashes when using a 3D mouse while opening a file.
- Add Document
- Cannot Import or Add Document from long path.
- Assembly Tree
- The column width in the Annotations tree is not saved/loaded.
- The Expand All context menu item in the assembly tree works incorrectly.
- When selecting multiple parts, the context menu is different between the assembly tree and the graphics area.
- Exception occurs when performing double-click on Scene node in the assembly tree.
- Reordering of columns in the Views tree only changes the headers and order and width of columns is not saved/loaded.
- Focus stops working for drawing views after it is applied on a view without any geometry (2D).
- The column width in the Drawings tree is not saved/loaded (2D).
- Bounding Box
- Improved performance when loading surfaces when Load Surfaces on Demand is enabled.
- Axis-aligned bounding box dimensions are swapped when using a custom coordinate system.
- Exception occurs when closing ACT3D file that contains bounding box markups.
- Cannot calculate bounding boxes for multiple selected parts when using the assembly tree context menu.
- Viewer crashes when calculating minimum bounding box on a model that contains only polylines located on the same plane.
- Command Line
- Exception occurs when launching SpinFire from the command line and closing it.
- Draft Angle Analysis
- The sign of value in Surface Draft Angle and Two Points Draft Angle markups is not always correct.
- Extra invalid options appear when exporting Markups and Annotations.
- Only Visible option is ignored when exporting a 2D document to AutoCAD.
- Hatchings with multiple clip regions and angles are wrong when exporting drawings to AutoCAD.
- Text regions are ignored when exporting drawing to AutoCAD.
- The "Export FBX" text is missing from the Export window title.
- Export to Hardcopy or Image creates very large unusable files.
- Chinese characters exported to 2D PDF Hardcopy are corrupted.
- Hardcopy export adds extra whitespace around border of 2D documents.
- Viewer crashes when exporting the hardcopy of a large CATDrawing.
- Using different dimensions when exporting Hardcopy or Image does not work anymore.
- Using different dimensions when copying to clipboard Hardcopy or Image does not work anymore.
- The transformations on CAD models are not preserved on Export.
- Cannot use mouse and keyboard while splash screen is displayed when using a floating license with a timeout.
- Cannot use floating license on a slow network.
- The reader news URL is used when using a floating license.
- Timeout is used with a borrowed floating license.
- Floating license timeout does not work after deleting license file, launching SpinFire and activating floating license.
- Reader mode is applied only in the active viewer instance when using a floating license with a timeout.
- Cannot rotate CAD models when dual graphics cards are enabled.
- 32-bit SpinFire crashes on 32-bit Windows 7 machine.
- MS Office integration option isn't disabled in x86 installation with Office x64.
- SpinFire crashes on Windows 10 machines after upgrading from Windows 7.
- Model Compare
- Exception occurs after performing model compare for a second time after closing the results window.
- Exception occurs when performing Model Compare on a product occurrence that does not contain any geometry.
- The file name in Print Preview is the original one after saving a file with a different name.
- Exception occurs when using Print Preview with Kyocera MFP.
- Rule-based Coloring
- The control styles in the Re-tessellate window do not change when switching between the Modern and Classic themes.
- Exception occurs when clicking on relationship combo box after dragging a rule in the Rule-based Coloring window.
- Exception occurs when enabling Section Cut in a New 3D Document.
- Only the first section plane is using the active coordinate system when using the Define Section window.
- Translations Editor
- Reordering of columns in the Translations Editor only changes the headers.
- Order and width of columns is not saved/loaded for the Translations Editor.
- Some translations in the Translations Editor are not updated after changing language.
- The text on the navigation cube is not translated and does not take into account renamed orthographic standard views.
- Pane group title is missing after docking panels in a floating window.
- Exception occurs after undocking the Explorer panel and changing the theme.
- A black window momentarily appears when opening a file and Error/Warnings or Output windows were previously undocked and hidden.
- The nodes in the Tree List view expand/collapse when double-clicking their checkboxes and should not.
- Text of disabled drop-down and split button menu items are not visible in the Modern Light theme.
- Reordering of columns in the Assembly tree only changes the headers and order and width of columns is not saved/loaded.
- The Hyperlink context menu in the measurement window has incorrect style when using Modern Dark theme.
The textbox context menus in the markup properties window have incorrect style when using Modern Dark theme.
- Error appears in log file when switching documents if Reset Layout was applied.
- The listed document names in the Save a Copy dialog are the original ones after renaming documents.
- When using F11, then Ctrl+F11 twice and finally F11, SpinFire is still maximized.
- Two Show Only Graphics buttons are displayed after adding a document when Show Only Graphics mode is enabled with multiple Workspaces.
- The Output panel can disappear for several seconds after undocking it.
- Import of Encrypted AutoCAD file is not canceled after closing the message box.
- Viewer crashes when selecting Move Section after enabling section plane.
- Exception occurs when trying to convert file from connection with long path.
- Viewer crashes after opening camera control context menu and then trying to open the same menu in the Rulers.
- Reordering of columns in the Import/Export/Reset Settings dialogs only changes the headers.
- Reordering of columns in the Select Document and User View tree only changes the headers and order and width of columns is not saved/loaded.
- Content of Text property isn't changed dynamically after changing Type property for Label element in Templates Editor.
Upgrading from 11.7.x to 11.8.0
To upgrade SpinFire Ultimate from 11.7.x to 11.8.0
- Launch and run the SpinFire.x64.msi (or the SpinFire.x64.exe) and follow the installation wizard instructions.
- Select Check for Updates from the Help menu if you have an Internet connection and are upgrading form 11.1 or greater.
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
|Windows 10 (64-bit)|
|OS Language Supported|
Intel i3 4 Core 3.8 GHz (or equivalent)
Intel i5 4 Cores 3.9 GHz (or equivalent)
Intel i7 8 Cores 4 GHz (or equivalent)
|Memory||8 GB DDR3||16 GB DDR3||32 GB DDR3|
DirectX 12 capable graphics card, 2GB VRAM
DirectX 12 capable graphics card, 4GB VRAM
DirectX 12 capable graphics card, 6GB VRAM
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344 (Note - Already included in Windows 10)